During his 25-year career Jeff has covered all aspects of IP commercialisation for clients from multinational and large corporations through to investee companies of venture capital clients, and individual clients in the academic and not-for-profit sectors.
In 2007 he established Solubility to specialise in assisting creative clients in IP commercialisation law. He is in high demand to deliver presentations on IP and licensing to various clients, organisations and institutions, and has been the invited guest lecturer on Patents and Know How Licensing in the post graduate subject of Licensing Law at the University of Melbourne since 2008.
In addition to his legal qualifications, Jeff has a strong technical base having completed a Bachelor of Science, majoring in Pharmacology.
- Certified Licensing Professional (CLP) since 2011 (one of only six in Australia)
- Leading Non-Contentious Intellectual Property Lawyers – Victoria, Doyles Guide 2019, -20
- IP Transactions Star, Managing IP magazine, 2020/21 (one of only four in Australia)
- Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, IAM, 2013, -14, -15, -16, -17, -18, -19, -20
- Licensing 250: The World’s Leading Patent & Technology Licensing Lawyers, IAM, 2010, -11/12 (superseded)
- Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategists, IAM 2016, -17, -18, -19
- Life Sciences Council, Springboard Enterprises Australia
- Arts Law Centre Australia, volunteer lawyers panel since 2001
- South Melbourne Place Reference Group
- Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
- Licensing Executives Society ANZ (LESANZ) since 2001, and former trustee and secretary, and pioneer of the Licensing Year in Review seminar in 2012